Instant Challenge : You Call That Art?
Your task is to use the materials provided to create three pieces of art and prepare a PRESENTATION showing the art pieces.
You will have 6 minutes to use your IMAGINATION to create the art pieces and prepare your presentation, and 2 minutes to give your presentation.
Artists have often been inspired by ordinary everyday items.
For example, Andy Warhol made a famous painting of soup cans, Victoria Fuller made one sculpture out of traffic cones and another out of baseballs. Sometimes people need to be convinced of the artistic merit of the art piece.
This is your task. In Part One (6 minutes), you will create two piece of art based on everyday common items using only the materials provided. You will also plan a presentation to convince others of the artistic merit of your pieces. In Part Two (2 minutes), you will show your art pieces and give your presentation.
- 1 sheet 8-1/2″ x 11″ paper
- 2 cups
- 2 adhesive labels
- 4 pipe cleaners
- 1 paper plate
- scissors & markers to use for the construction
Scoring: You will receive
- A. 10 points for the completion of each piece of art
- B. Up to 30 points for how creatively you use the materials for each art piece
- C. Up to 30 points for the creativity of your performance
- D. Up to 20 points for how well your team works together